Dental workers may be exposed to a hazardous amount of mercury vapour during the course of their working day. Dental amalgam has continued to be one of the best cost-efficient and long-lasting dental restorative materials for 150 years. The World Health Organisation has encouraged phasing down of dental amalgam use and the introduction of alternative dental restoration materials.
Mercury vapour exposure evaluation kit helps the dental managers to accurately evaluate the likely exposure levels of their dental staff to mercury vapour. Significant mercury exposures may occur during handling the amalgam or during sterilisation of dental equipment.
Mercury exposure evaluation exposure kit is easy to use and provide you with an accurate measurement of mercury exposure over a working day or a working week.
The mercury vapour exposure kit can be used for the purposes of ambient air monitoring or personal monitoring to ensure compliance with the Control of Hazardous Substance at Work Regulations.
How to use
- Remove the kit from the provided packaging
- Remove the protective cap from the sampler
- Using the clip, attach to the clothing of an individual near the breathing zone or place it in the desired location for area sampling.
- Fill in the provided sample documentation
- When sampling is completed, replace the protective cap and post back to our laboratory