Radioactive radon particles can accumulate in poorly ventilated locations to dangerous levels. The total concentration of radon depends on the type of soil on which the building was built. In addition, the ventilation rate and air-flow patterns within a structure are important factors which can affect the concentration of radon in different areas of the structure.
The risks associated with radon exposure are believed to increase as the concentration of radon in the air increases. Radon particles are deposited in the lungs where can cause cancer through emitting radiation directly into the tissue.
Sysco Environmental site surveyors will perform a comprehensive radon inspection which typically involves:
- Visual inspection of the buildings and surrounding land
- Identification of high-risk areas
- Placement of radon monitors into the high-risk areas
- Inspection of ventilation and
- Laboratory analysis
- Recommendation of most appropriate management and remediation actions
Our hygienists use the most advanced technology available to accurately detect radon in your home, school or business. We will accurately establish the radon levels in your property propose recommended action based on the current UK guidelines.
- 0 – 49 Bq/m³ : No action needed
- 49 – 99 Bq/m³ : Install passive ventilation to maintain levels below 100Bq/m3
- 100 – 200 Bq/m³ : If levels are maintained for more than 3 months, take actions
- > 200 Bq/m³ and up : Take action to reduce radon levels by implementing active ventilation
We offer one of the most comprehensive radon exposure assessment programs in the UK and we are confident that our company is the perfect partner to help you deliver first-class protection of your family or your employees.