Lead exposure monitoring
Lead is a cumulative and toxic substance. Employees who swallow or inhale lead compounds during their normal work activities may become ill from lead poisoning. Although lead is eliminated from the body at a slow rate, inhaling even a small amount of a lead compound over an extended period of time may cause lead poisoning. Following lead exposure the lead stored in the body may be slowly causing irreversible damage: first to the cells, then to the organs, and finally to the whole body system.
Our technicians can perform a comprehensive Lead exposure assessment which typically involves: