Rubber Fumes & Dust Exposure Monitoring & Testing
Why and how should your organisation protect your employees from rubber fumes & dust exposure?
Employees working in industries processing and working with rubber products are likely to be exposed to hazardous rubber dust or fumes. Exposure monitoring for rubber dust and fumes is a complex process involving collection of personal samples and analysis for rubber dust, potentially carcinogenic fumes, and other compounds such as nitrosamines. Some of the compounds might not be used directly by the manufacturing but can be created during different stages of the rubber curing process.
Which employees are most at risk from rubber fumes & dust exposure?
Most at risk of rubber fumes & rubber dust are people working in:
- Plastic manufacturing industries
- General rubber manufacturing
- New tyres manufacturing
- Used tyre re-treading and recycling
- Plastic recycling and reuse
- Plastic moulding
Specialist rubber dust & rubber fumes assessment program
We provide a thorough assessment program for rubber dust & fumes during which we will:
- Evaluate your employees' exposure levels to rubber fumes and rubber dust
- Evaluate the existing engineering control measures
- Carry out check of the implemented procedures
- Evaluate secondary routes of exposure such as dermal contact
- Evaluate the requirements of employees' health surveillance
- Ensure that you as a duty holder are fully compliant with the current regulatory requirements
Why choose Sysco Environmental for your rubber dust & rubber fumes survey?
Sysco Environmental assessors are familiar and experienced with processes occurring during various types of rubber processing and can offer competent advice and implement a comprehensive workers' protection program for your business.
Our rubber fume and dust monitoring program ensures that all the employees working with the rubber products are effectively protected.
Sysco Environmental is not just a rubber dust monitoring service provider - we are your trusted partner in occupational health & safety and offer a full range of workplace exposure testing services.
Contact us today for a chat with one of our friendly experts to discuss your rubber exposure situation and how Sysco can help.