Sysco Environmental has extensive experience in providing thorough and well-designed wood dust testing programs and monitoring wood dust in wood processing industries. This is invaluable in achieving effective protection of employees. We have helped our clients to achieve effective control in:
- Furniture manufacture
- Joinery workshops
- Bespoke wood article making
- Wood waste processing
Employees’ exposure to wood dust can be effectively controlled through appropriately designed ventilation systems or respiratory protection. Good general ventilation can also reduce exposure to wood dust. However, knowing where the most significant exposures to wood dust occur is essential to the overall control strategy.
Your business can benefit from a comprehensive wood dust monitoring program which typically involves:
- Employees’ wood dust exposure monitoring
- Assessment of existing engineering and organizational control measures
- Employees interaction with local exhaust ventilation
- Respiratory protection suitability
- Requirements for health surveillance
Local ventilation may not be practical for some operations and in some cases the concentration of wood dust in the air cannot be adequately controlled by ventilation alone. In such cases respiratory protection may be needed.