Occupational Hygiene Consultant
Job Summary – Nationwide
- Salary: £30000-£37000 based on experience
- Company car or generous Car allowance
We are an Occupational and Environmental Hygiene Consultancy Company delivering professional monitoring and risk evaluation solutions to our clients. We assist businesses to maintain regulatory compliance, legal representatives to provide evidence and expertise and employers to minimise exposure and risk to employees.
We have a wealth of experience in delivering evaluation solutions for Hazardous Substances, Workplace Noise Exposures, Local Exhaust Ventilation, Vibration Assessments, Electro-magnetic Field Monitoring and other services to clients across the country.
Due to expansion and workload, we are now seeking a capable and well-experienced home and office-based Occupational Hygienist.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Essential for the Role:
The applicant must come from a strong technical, consultancy and educational background, and have experience in Occupational Hygiene and Health & Safety. We would consider a graduate if meets other requirements.
The applicant must have some experience in COSHH Risk Assessment, Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing, Workplace Air Monitoring, Noise, Hand Arm and Whole Body Vibration, Indoor Air Quality, EMF Monitoring.
It would be preferable for the applicant to be a partially qualified and experienced Occupational Hygienist – holding a relevant technical qualification in Occupational Hygiene either at the Certificate level or working towards this (BOHS/IOA or equivalent qualifications). Training would be offered to the right candidate.
The applicant must have:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, client-facing and organisational skills;
- a current UK Driving Licence;
- an understanding of safe systems of work and wider Health & Safety legislation based on working on clients’ sites;
- The ability to write technical reports that are clear, concise, factual and easy to read;
- A relevant technical qualification in Occupational Hygiene either at Certificate level or working towards this;
- An analytical approach to work and a high level of attention to detail;
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work independently and also as part of a team to meet health objectives;
- Technical and IT skills for using specialist equipment;
The work will involve undertaking a wide range of occupational hygiene related projects such as workplace assessments – air monitoring, COSHH assessments, noise, fumes, dust and hand-arm vibration surveys, local exhaust ventilation (LEV) examination, EMF monitoring and testing and indoor air quality.
- Undertaking surveys and evaluating risks to health in the workplace and home;
- Accurately measuring and sampling levels of exposure, often through precise use of specialist equipment;
- Recording facts or details of procedures in the workplace;
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with clients.
- Considering all options of control, such as ventilation, containment and personal protective equipment and finding cost-effective solutions;
- Managing projects effectively and within time scale;
- Compiling data, writing reports and presenting findings to clients;
- Liaising with a range of people, including employers and employees, in the process of evaluating workplaces;
- Providing clear and accurate information on complex health and safety issues;
- Liaising with regulatory bodies such as the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the Health & Safety procedures and legislation.
The position is suitable for an intellectually mature individual who values his/her independence and can manage time effectively. If you are looking for more than being an employee and have the aspiration and drive to achieve higher goals in your career, this position may be perfect for you. The candidate will be expected to work from home and at clients’ sites, plus visit the office in South Yorkshire on regular basis.
The successful candidate will work from home and will provide support and be supported by other members of our team.
The successful candidate will be expected to investigate a wide range of case studies. As such, a broad understanding of the industry and the building environment is paramount.
Full driving license required.
Send your CV to t.gabor@Sysco-Env.co.uk